The Nigeria Immigration Service which was extracted from the Nigeria Police Force in 1958, is in charge of issuance of Nigeria International Passport.
With the simplification made by this para-military organization, one can now apply for a Nigerian passport online. The application process is simple and easy to use with online application guidelines.
General Procedures and Guidelines for Nigeria Passport Application
1. Visit the Home page of Nigeria Immigration Portal
2. Locate & click on the appropriate application form to start the process:
4. Select a passport type “Standard e-Passport” OR “Official e-Passport”, then click on ‘Start Application’ button.
5. Fill the Application form; check the ‘I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THIS FORM’ check box then click the ‘PRINT’ Button to print filled form.
6. Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’.
7. Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
8. Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button.
9. Choose the currency you want to use for payment (Naira or US Dollars):
If you selected option to pay in Naira, you will be prompted to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “eWallet” or “Credit OR Debit card”, If you intend to pay at a bank, select “Bank” and click continue.
View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
10. The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
11. With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
12. On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with a Pay4Me ‘e-receipt’ that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal. (For use of your Validation Number, see the section on Validation Number below).
13. If you have a funded ewallet account and intend to pay through this account, select “eWallet”, You will be required to fill in your eWallet log-in credentials. If you are not registered as a user, go to “Register for eWallet”.
14. After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal.
15. For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button. The payment will be successful only if your account balance covers the total payable amount.
16. After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
17. You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.
18. If you intend to pay through Credit/Debit card, select “Credit/Debit card” and click continue.
19. You will be required to fill in your eWallet log-in credentials. If you are not registered as a user, go to “Register for eWallet”.
20. After filling in, click “Login” button and you will be sent to the payment portal. For proceeding with the payment click the “PAY” button.
21. Payment portal display application details, click on “Continue” button.
22. You will be prompted to “Value Card” payment page, provide information of your card & Click on “OK” button.
23. After payment, the “Validation Number” is generated. Store it and use it to confirm the payment.
24. You can also print a receipt by clicking the “Print the Receipt” button.