Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp was a South African model and paralegal who was professionally known as Reeva Steenkamp. She was well recognized for modeling for “FHM” magazine and was the first face of Avon cosmetics in South Africa. She started modeling at the age of 14 and would have success in various modeling competitions. In addition to modeling, Reeva loved the law, and it was her hope to get admitted to being able to practice law in South Africa. She was also a celebrity contestant on the BBC Lifestyle show “Baking Made Easy” in 2012 and on “Tropika Island of Treasure” season 5 which aired on SABC 3rd in February 2013. Sadly, we lost such a versatile icon on 14th February 2013.
Reeva Rebecca Death Cause
Reeva Steenkamp’s boyfriend Oscar Pistorius fired four shots through the door of a locked bathroom cubicle in his Pretoria home, three of which struck Steenkamp who was on the other side on Valentine’s Day 2013. He attempted to render emergency medical assistance and called for help. One of the first responders to the scene was a neighbor, doctor Johan Stipp, who did a jaw-lift maneuver on Steenkamp in an attempt to open her airway. In his analysis of the situation, he noted that she had no peripheral pulse, showed no sign of breathing movements, and her pupils were fixed and dilated. It was apparent that she had been mortally wounded.
On 19th February 2013, Reeva’s body was cremated at Victoria Park crematorium in Port Elizabeth and the service was conducted by Pastor Kurt Sutton of the Oasis Family Church in Port Elizabeth. Oscar was arrested and charged with murder. Pistorius admitted that he shot Steenkamp, but said he believed he was shooting an intruder. On 12th September 2014, he was found not guilty of murder, but guilty of culpable homicide in the case. On 21st October 2014, he was sentenced to five years in jail but only served 10 months. On 24th November 2017, the Court of Appeal extended Oscar Pistorius’s jail term to 13 years and five months with the possibility of parole from 2023.
Who is Reeva Rebecca Killer?
Reeva Steenkamp Famous For
- Being a South African model and paralegal.
- For modeling for “FHM” magazine and was the first face of Avon cosmetics in South Africa.
Who are Reeva Steenkamp’s parents?
Reeva Steenkamp was born on 19th August 1983 with the real name of Reeva Rebecca Steenkamp in Cape Town, Cape Province, South Africa. She was South African by nationality and South African-white by ethnicity. Similarly, her religious belief was in the Christian religion and her race was white. Reeva lastly celebrated her 29th birthday in the August of 2012 and as per her birth date, her star sign was Leo. She was the daughter of her father, Barry Steenkamp, a horse trainer, and his second wife, June (nee Marshall, previously Cowburn), who was born in Blackburn, England. She had two older half-siblings from her father and mother’s respective previous marriages, Adam Steenkamp and Simone Cowburn.
Moving to Reeva’s education, she attended St Dominic’s Priory School. Then she studied law at the University of Port Elizabeth, which became a part of Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree in 2005.
Reeva Steenkamp Modeling Career
- Reeva Steenkamp kicked off her career working as a paralegal and as a model after which she applied to the bar in late 2011 and hoped to be a qualified legal advocate by the age of 30.
- She then started modeling at the age of 14 and became a finalist in the Weekend Post Faces of the Future competition in 2004 and in the Herald Miss Port Elizabeth contest in 2005.
- She starred in “FHM” magazine as a model and cover girl and was the first face of Avon cosmetics in South Africa.
- As well, she was ranked #40 in the “FHM 100 Sexiest Women” in the World poll of South African FHM readers in 2011 and #45 in 2012.
- Subsequently, she worked as the live roaming presenter for FashionTV in South Africa and appeared in television advertisements for a range of products, including Toyota Land Cruiser, Clover “The One”, Redds, and Aldor Pin Pop.
- In 2012, she was seen as a celebrity contestant on the BBC Lifestyle show “Baking Made Easy”.
- She was signed up to appear on season five of the reality TV program “Tropika Island of Treasure” after her death and had filmed the series episodes on location in Jamaica.
- On 16th February 2013, the screening of the series began airing as scheduled two days after her death as the first episode of the series was dedicated to Steenkamp and was preceded by a video tribute to her.
- Besides, in February 2014, eNCA broadcast a half-hour documentary special about Steenkamp’s life titled “Reeva: The Model You Thought You Knew”.
- On 12th September 2014, SABC 3 also broadcast an episode of Special Assignment titled “Oscar Pistorius: The Verdict”.
Who was Reeva Steenkamp married?
Reeva Steenkamp was an unmarried woman. She was in a relationship with her boyfriend Oscar Pistorius who is a South African Olympic and Paralympic runner, since November 2012. The pair’s relationship was fine till her boyfriend Oscar shot her to death. Previously, Reeva dated Springbok rugby player Francois Hougaard. Concerning her sexual orientation, she was straight.
Reeva Steenkamp’s Net Worth
Reeva Steenkamp had an estimated net worth of $1.5 million at the time of her death (2013). She also had a handsome amount of salary which was around thousands of dollars per year. Reeva had gained a considerable amount of money from her profession as her major source of income was her modeling career.
Reeva Steenkamp Height, Weight, Size
Reeva Steenkamp was 5 ft 7 in / 171 cm tall and her body weighs around 121 lb / 55 kg. She had blonde hair and dark brown eyes color. Moreover, her body build type was slim.