24 February 1967, Ondo State, Nigeria
Jimoh Ibrahim (born 24 February 1967) is a lawyer, politician, businessman, and philanthropist in Nigeria. He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Global Fleet Group, a diversified conglomerate based in Nigeria, with business interests and subsidiaries in neighboring West African countries.
Ibrahim traces his origins to Ondo State, in southwestern Nigeria. He studied law at Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile Ife, Osun State, Nigeria, graduating with the degree of Bachelor of Laws (LLB). Subsequently, he obtained the degree of Master of Public Administration (MPA), also from Obafemi Awolowo University. Later, he attended Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, graduating with a combined Master of Laws (LLM) and Masters In International Taxation degree.
His investments include the following sectors, among others: oil & gas distribution, hotels, resorts, airlines, banking, real estate, insurance, publishing and investments.
Global Fleet Group has the following subsidiary companies, among others:
- Air Nigeria – Lagos, Nigeria – Formerly Virgin Nigeria
- NICON Insurance – Lagos, Nigeria
- Nigeria Reinsurance Corporation – Lagos, Nigeria
- NICON Luxury Hotel – Abuja, Nigeria – Formerly Le’ Meridien Hotel
- Global Fleet Oil & Gas – A chain of gasoline stations (estimated at about 200 in 2011), across Nigeria
- The NICON Group – Lagos, Nigeria – Holdings include investment companies, schools, real estate holdings, transport companies and others
- Global Fleet Building – Lagos, Nigeria – Formerly Allied Bank Building
- Meidan Hotel – Lagos, Nigeria
- Global Fleet Industries – Lagos, Nigeria – Formerly HFP Industries Limited
- Energy Bank – Accra, Ghana – A new commercial bank in Ghana, started operations in February 2011
- Oceanic Bank São Tomé – São Tomé, São Tomé and Príncipe – Commercial bank purchased from Oceanic Bank in May 2011.
- Newswatch Magazine – Lagos, Nigeria
In 2003, Jimoh Ibrahim mounted an unsuccessful bid to become the governor of Ondo State, on the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) ticket. He has authored three books. He is married to Mrs Modupe Jimoh Ibrahim and is the father of four children. He is also the publisher of the National Mirror Newspaper in Nigeria.
Sahara Reports published a number of articles making allegations of substantial misconduct during 2013–15.